Palace at 36 Więckowskiego Street was built by Izrael Poznański for his son Maurycy and his wife Sara née Silberstein. The construction was completed in 1902. The palace, designed by Adolf Zeligson in the Neo-Renaissance style, was probably based on the building of the St. Mark's in Venice by Jakop Sansovin. In 1948, the Museum of Modern Art was established in the palace. Probably during the adaptation works to the new function, part of the rich interior design was removed (especially within the second floor, where only stucco ceilings have survived to this day in two rooms from the side of Więckowskiego Street), and part of it was covered by adding screen walls. Only the corner living room with a coffered marbled ceiling, oak paneling with tapestries and a parquet mosaic, now called the Lecture Room, remains as a witness to the former glitz.