The annexe of the former palace of Maurycy Poznański and Sara Salomey née Silberstein was built in Łódź at 43 Gdańska St, designed by a well-known Łódź architect, Adolf Zeligson, a private friend of Maurycy. According to sources, the palace was almost finished in 1902. After Maurycy's death, his nephew, Maurycy Ignacy, moved into the palace. During the war, the building was taken over by the German occupiers, and after the war, by the communist authorities, who gave it to the professors of the University of Łodź. Since 1945 (actually since 1948, when adaptation works were completed) the building has been the seat of the Museum of Art (previously known as the Museum of History and Art). The buildings are entered in The Register of Monuments of the Łódź Voivodeship under number A/42 by decision of January 20, 1971.