A complex of Samuel Abbe's factory buildings was built in the 1930s outside the then city borders. It consisted, among others, of brick buildings of the spinning mill with a staircase, boiler room, administration. The whole is fenced with a fairly high brick wall. From October 1930 to June 1940, the textile plant was initially a resettlement camp for civilians, a transit camp under the management of the Gestapo, and finally – from July 1, 1940 – “Extended Police Prison and Educational Labor Camp” under the command of W. Pelzhausen. The post-industrial area was transformed into a mausoleum on September 9, 1961. The implementation of the project of land development and buildings for the museum function began as early as 1959. On January 19, 1976, permanent museum exhibitions were opened in the building of the shed hall and the staircase of the spinning mill, dedicated to the prison in Radogoszcz.